We readers know what we like ... and don't like. Feel free to add to the list or argue with me in the comments.
My Top Ten Bookish Pet Peeves, in no particular order
1. Cliffhanger endings
2. Made up character names I can't pronounce. I don't care what country/plantet Magergaherm is from. Name him Hal.
3. Not using contractions in dialogue
4. Bad movie adaptations - Yes, Percy Jackson and the Olympians - I'm talking about you!
5. Back/neck pain from staying up late leaning over a book. Also feeling dead the next day.
6. This is more a movie thing, but why does every character love jazz? I'm pretty sure in real life it's just my high school choir teacher.
7. Kids books with dust jackets Why!! They just rip.
8. The interrupting phone call / doorbell as a plot device to keep a character from telling the truth. (And yes, I've probably used it)
9. Starting too many sentences with ING. Running to the door, she... Taking out his phone, he...
10. Sharing a book with someone and trying to keep their bookmark from falling out.